Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup American-process cocoa
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut, Flaked
- 1 cup almonds, Sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mint chip
- 1 can condensed milk, Sweetened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350-F degrees and set aside a 9-inch by 13-inch cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, cocoa, and egg until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and mix until well blended.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until dry.
- To prepare the topping, combine the coconut, almonds, and mint chips in a bowl, then sprinkle over the baked chocolate base. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract. Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the nuts and coconut. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool, then cut into bars.