1/2 Photos of Chocolate Mint Bars
Alison J.'s Note:
I have no idea where my mother got this recipe, but it has been a holiday staple in our family for decades. Simple, quick, and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt chocolate and margarine, then combine with sugar, flour, vanilla, salt, and eggs. Blend with electric mixer on low until thoroughly mixed.
- 3Spread mixture into a greased 13"x9" baking pan.
- 4Bake for approximately 35 minutes - until a toothpick stuck in the centre of the pan comes out clean.
- 5Allow bars to cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
- 6Combine icing sugar, water, and peppermint extract to make the icing.
- 7The icing needs to be drizzled over the cooled bars, so consistency may need to be adjusted. If the icing is too watery, add a little more icing sugar; if the consistency is too thick, add a little more water.
- 8Stir green food colouring into the icing until you are happy with the colour.
- 9Use a spoon to drizzle icing back and forth, up and down all over the cooled bar mix.
- 10Allow icing to set by placing the pan in the refrigerator. Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Bars
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 75.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g