Recipe by Shari2
These are very rich but good. I only make them for special occasions. I haven't met anyone that didn't like them yet though. Not really sure on the prep time or cook time.
Top Review by MizzNezz
These could definitely be habit forming! The mint taste is just right, it doesn't overpower the rest of the ingredients. They were easy to make. I used milk chocolate chips for the top layer, it worked really well with the other flavors. I will make these again, thanks Shari!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hershey's syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- BOTTOM LAYER: mix all ingredients together and put in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 350° for 30 minutes.
- MIDDLE LAYER: Mix all ingredients together and spread on cooled cake.
- Refrigerate at least an hour.
- TOP LAYER: Melt together and let cool slightly and then spread over mint layer.
- Cut into 1" squares.