I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from a Weight Watchers magazine. These cupcakes are a 2 point value. Store the cupcakes in air tight containers for up to 4 days. They can be froze for up to a month ahead (without icing). The fastest results would be to frost them after thawing overnight in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably dutch process
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strong regular coffee or 1/2 cup decaffeinated coffee, cooled
- 1To prepare cupcakes adjust the racks to divide the oven in thirds and reheat the oven to 350. Line 36 nonstick mini muffin pan cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- 2Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and granulated sugar, in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; then add the vanilla.
- 4Add one third of the flour mixture, beating until smooth, then add one half of the coffee and beat well. Repeat with another one third of the flour mixture and the remaining coffee, beating well after each addition; then beat in the rest of the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the cupcake cups, filling them one half full. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- 5Meanwhile, to prepare the icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla and peppermint extracts in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth and adding a little water if needed, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a spreadable consistency. Stir in the crushed candy canes and spread about 1 teaspoon of icing onto each cupcake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mini Cupcakes With Peppermint Stick Icing - Ww
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: