Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
This makes a pretty good milkshake at home. If you like it really chocolaty, use chocolate ice cream instead of the vanilla.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons malt drink powder
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate sandwich style cookies (optional)
- Just add all ingredients to the blender except the cookies and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Next, add the (broken up) cookies to the ice cream and blend for an extra 20 seconds.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve.
Down here in Kentucky, when you add malt powder to your milkshake, it becomes a malted milk- shake. And, yes, you should make this with chocolate ice cream.
Sorry but the correct way to make a chocolate milkshake is to use chocolate ice cream.
I made this as an after school treat for the kids and they loved it. Used Oreos for the cookie crumbs. Thx for sharing your recipe.