Recipe by Oolala
What an easy idea. From the New Better Homes and Gardens Jr. Cookbook, 1989. It's not so new anymore but I like the simple idea of using chocolate milk to flavor this. You can use cherry pie filling or assorted syrups like strawberry or raspberry too. I streamlined the directions.
Top Review by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
These were fairly tasty :) I just sprayed the pan instead of using butter, and with the first batch i had sticking problems so i switched frying pans and it worked alot better. these wern't as chocolaty as i had hoped, but they were still tasty with strawberry syrup on top and they used up the spoiling chocolate milk. 5 stars for simplicity!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bread
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and add the chocolate milk to it.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour this into a pie plate.
- Put half the butter or margarine (1 tbsp.) in a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Dip one slice of the bread into the egg mixture and turn the bread over to coat the other side.
- Place the coated bread in the skillet and repeat with antoher slice.
- Cook until the bottoms are browned and then turn the slices with a spatula and cook until the other side is browned; remove to a serving plate.
- Put the remaining butter or margarine in and repeat the cooking process.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with cherry pie filling or syrup if you like. (I like whipped cream)!