Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
What an easy idea. From the New Better Homes and Gardens Jr. Cookbook, 1989. It's not so new anymore but I like the simple idea of using chocolate milk to flavor this. You can use cherry pie filling or assorted syrups like strawberry or raspberry too. I streamlined the directions.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and add the chocolate milk to it.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour this into a pie plate.
- Put half the butter or margarine (1 tbsp.) in a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Dip one slice of the bread into the egg mixture and turn the bread over to coat the other side.
- Place the coated bread in the skillet and repeat with antoher slice.
- Cook until the bottoms are browned and then turn the slices with a spatula and cook until the other side is browned; remove to a serving plate.
- Put the remaining butter or margarine in and repeat the cooking process.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with cherry pie filling or syrup if you like. (I like whipped cream)!