What an easy idea. From the New Better Homes and Gardens Jr. Cookbook, 1989. It's not so new anymore but I like the simple idea of using chocolate milk to flavor this. You can use cherry pie filling or assorted syrups like strawberry or raspberry too. I streamlined the directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and add the chocolate milk to it.
- 2Beat until well mixed.
- 3Pour this into a pie plate.
- 4Put half the butter or margarine (1 tbsp.) in a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- 5Dip one slice of the bread into the egg mixture and turn the bread over to coat the other side.
- 6Place the coated bread in the skillet and repeat with antoher slice.
- 7Cook until the bottoms are browned and then turn the slices with a spatula and cook until the other side is browned; remove to a serving plate.
- 8Put the remaining butter or margarine in and repeat the cooking process.
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with cherry pie filling or syrup if you like. (I like whipped cream)!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate (Milk) French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.7
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 219.0 mg
- Sodium 580.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 12.2 g