Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
This is such a delicious and easy cake--very moist, too! From the Cake Mix Doctor. Mixes up in minutes, but it tastes like you spent much more time on it. Frost with your favorite frosting--mine is #86768, Perfect Chocolate Frosting, by taylortwo. Serve with a big glass of ice cold milk--chocolate cake heaven, if you ask me. Oh! There is mayonnaise in this cake--don't say yuck! It adds moisture, but no flavor or extra sweetness to the cake. Really, it's just eggs and oil, right?
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 2- 9 inch round cake pans.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, blend with an electric mixer on low speed for one minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake the cakes until they spring back when lightly pressed, about 28-32 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on racks for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of each cake and invert on to cooling rack.
- Cool completely and frost as desired.