Recipe by morgainegeiser
Tablets of Mexican chocolate, specially flavored cinnamon, almonds, and sugar can be purchased in Mexican or Latin American grocery stores. You can also blend your own "Mexican chocolate" with the same ingredients.
- 3 ounces BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate or 3 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- 3 ounces of Mexican chocolate can replace the first 4 ingredients listed.
- Break chocolate into smaller pieces and place in a 2-quart microwavable glass measuring cup. (If you are using baker's chocolate or chocolate morsels, add cinnamon, sugar and almond extract).
- Stir in milk.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High for 4 minutes. Stir. Microwave on High for 2 to 4 more minutes or until the chocolate has melted and the milk is close to boiling. Very small bubbles will form on the surface and edges of the milk, which will begin to coat the container.
- Whip with a wire whisk or egg beater until the chocolate has dissolved completely and the milk is frothy.
- Pour into mugs and serve hot.