1/5 Photos of Chocolate Mexicano
Tablets of Mexican chocolate, specially flavored cinnamon, almonds, and sugar can be purchased in Mexican or Latin American grocery stores. You can also blend your own "Mexican chocolate" with the same ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 ounces of Mexican chocolate can replace the first 4 ingredients listed.
- 2Break chocolate into smaller pieces and place in a 2-quart microwavable glass measuring cup. (If you are using baker's chocolate or chocolate morsels, add cinnamon, sugar and almond extract).
- 3Stir in milk.
- 4Microwave, uncovered, on High for 4 minutes. Stir. Microwave on High for 2 to 4 more minutes or until the chocolate has melted and the milk is close to boiling. Very small bubbles will form on the surface and edges of the milk, which will begin to coat the container.
- 5Whip with a wire whisk or egg beater until the chocolate has dissolved completely and the milk is frothy.
- 6Pour into mugs and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mexicano
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g