Recipe by Baby Kato
A lovely cookie recipe that I got from a friend...its very tasty. I hope that you will enjoy this quick and easy to make recipe. They taste best after a few days.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
These are really delicious cookies. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but my cookies kind of melted in the oven and didn't hold their shape. I halved the recipe, so maybe my measurements were off. The flavor is so good, I'll try making a whole batch soon. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups pastry flour
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup ground cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/3 cup of powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, ground pecans, 1/2 cup grated chocolate, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt together well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for two hours, until firm.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes. The cookies should be firm to the touch, then cool for 1 minute, and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl mix together the 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of ground cocoa.
- Coat the the cookies while still warm in the sugar and cocoa mix.