1/3 Photos of Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookies
Baby Kato's Note:
A lovely cookie recipe that I got from a friend...its very tasty. I hope that you will enjoy this quick and easy to make recipe. They taste best after a few days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups pastry flour
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for garnish
- 1/4 cup ground cocoa powder
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/3 cup of powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the vanilla extract.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the flour, ground pecans, 1/2 cup grated chocolate, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt together well.
- 5Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- 6Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for two hours, until firm.
- 7Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes. The cookies should be firm to the touch, then cool for 1 minute, and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 9In a small bowl mix together the 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of ground cocoa.
- 10Coat the the cookies while still warm in the sugar and cocoa mix.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 32.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g