Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A lovely cookie recipe that I got from a friend...its very tasty. I hope that you will enjoy this quick and easy to make recipe. They taste best after a few days.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups pastry flour
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup ground cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/3 cup of powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, ground pecans, 1/2 cup grated chocolate, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt together well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for two hours, until firm.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes. The cookies should be firm to the touch, then cool for 1 minute, and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl mix together the 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of ground cocoa.
- Coat the the cookies while still warm in the sugar and cocoa mix.
These are really delicious cookies. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but my cookies kind of melted in the oven and didn't hold their shape. I halved the recipe, so maybe my measurements were off. The flavor is so good, I'll try making a whole batch soon. Thanks for posting.
I divided these between my husband, and my two daughters boyfriends ...... rave rave reviews, and they all want more, NOW. I didnt leave them in the fridge as long as I should have, because I was in a bit of a hurry, so one or two semi-melted, but for the most part, they were perfect. i will make allowances for the longer chilling time next time (next weekend!). Excellent biscuits, oh yes, we also dont know what they are like after a few days, they dont last that long!!!! Thank you BK, loved them, made (belatedly) for ZWT8
Excellent cookies!!! I couldn't wait a couple of days to taste them and thought that they were fantastic right now, fresh (cooled slightly) out of the oven. I made 1/2 of the recipe but can see making the full batch at Christmas time. Loved the combination of chocolate, cinnamon, pecans and cayenne pepper (nice kick from the pepper and cinnamon). Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8 Aztecs Challenge.