Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- confectioners' sugar
- Beat egg whites with the salt until stiff.
- Beat in sugar and fold in almonds, vanilla and chocolate.
- Drop by tsps.
- onto a greased cookie tray.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Rill in confectioners sugar while still warm.
Good cookies! Made them for Passover and they were a treat. I got 42 cookies and they baked in 14 minutes. They are crunchy with a good chocolate taste. I baked them in two batches and noticed that the dough gets dry and a little brittle when waiting to be baked. However, that does not affect the cookies in the least, just a little harder to form cookies from the second batch. I omitted rolling them in sugar after they were done, they were sweet enough for us. Thanks for posting.