Recipe by RecipeNut
For pure decadence, fudgy topping spills over a scoop of pink peppermint ice cream tucked into a crispy chocolate meringue shell. Cooking time does not include setting time.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pint pink peppermint ice cream or 1 pint other desired ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate fudge topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cover large cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Draw eight 3 -inch circles.
- on paper; set aside.
- For meringue: Preheat oven to 300°F In small bowl, stir together sugar and.
- cocoa powder; set aside. Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with electric.
- mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Slowly add sugar mixture,.
- 1 tablespoon at a time, to egg white mixture, beating about 7 minutes on high.
- speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight) and sugar is nearly dissolved.
- Transfer meringue to pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe meringue onto.
- circles on paper, building up sides to form shells. (Or spread meringue onto circles.
- using back of spoon, building up sides.).
- Bake for 35 minutes. Turn off oven. Let meringues dry in oven, with door.
- dosed, for 1 hour. Remove from paper. Cool.
- Fill meringue shells with scoops of ice cream. Drizzle with fudge topping.