Recipe by HoosierMomOf5
Chocolate "kiss" cookies that literally melt in your mouth. These are my favorite (low fat) way to satisfy huge chocolate cravings.
Top Review by lucy k.
Very good. The only trouble I had was that I tried to add the vanilla to the chocolate before folding it in, and didn't anticipate that would thicken the chocolate. These are great on their own or as a little extra something alongside another dessert.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square (melted and cooled)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cocoa powder (for dusting cookie sheets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease three cookies sheets and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate square and set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar slowly and beat until mixture very stiff and shiny.
- Fold in vanilla, melted chocolate, and the 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfulls (2 inches apart) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- They will have the shape of chocolate kisses.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheets immediately.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.