Recipe by Lacy S.
I got this recipe out of a diabetic cook book. These are light and stop that craving for chocolate.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until they begin to foam, then add vanilla and cream of tarter. Continue beating egg whites on high until soft peaks form.
- Fold in splenda and cocoa, a small amount at a time.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag, and pipe meringues onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, then turn off oven and crack the oven door. Allow to cool like this for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool fully before serving.