Recipe by Chabear01
This recipe is out of "Home Cooking" magazine. These cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth without too many calories, as each cookie is only 40 calories with 7 g carbs, 1 g fat, zip-zero cholesterol. What more can you ask for?
Top Review by Geniale Genie
The batter never thickened for me (perhaps I beat the egg whites too much before adding the other ingredients?)... so, I omitted the nuts and baked in small cake pans. Consequently, I had to increase baking time. They rose beautifully and the flavour is amazing (I did reduce the sugar by almost half, which I STRONGLY recommend. I'd like to try them in mini muffin pans if I get the same result next time, I think they would look great.
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee, very finely ground fresh (or powdered instant coffee)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. Add confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, flour, coffee and water. Beat on low until combined, turn mixer to high, and beat 3 to 4 minutes until mixture resembles marshmallow topping. Using a rubber spatula, fold in hazelnuts. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets; bake 15 to 18 minutes or until tops crack.