Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe at the Allrecipes web site. I love meringue cookies and this cookie is light and delicious. Would be great on a Christmas cookie tray.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla.
- Beat until the whites form soft peaks.
- Slowly add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form and mixture becomes glossy.
- Fold in cocoa and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet (I used parchment paper).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.
Very easy and cute when finished ( I let the cocoa stay in swirls instead of mixing it all the way in) Might be better with almond flavor instead of vanilla. Tastes like a toasted marshmallow.