1/1 Photo of Chocolate Melting Cake
Peach Brandy Cottage's Note:
We discovered this dessert on Carnival Cruise lines, but the measurements were in odd sizes. We revised this to work with standard purchase sizes, AND changed from fresh eggs to pasteurized eggs, since the recipe does not fully cook the eggs in the center of the dessert. If you follow the directions exactly, this dessert is as easy as it is delciious. Note that it can be made ahead and held in the refrigerator until you are ready to finish and serve it, so it's perfect for entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate and butter in microwave at 50% power (Defrost)
- 2Sift flour into pitcher, add sugar, add eggs, mix together.
- 3Fold in melted chocolate and butter mix
- 4Pour into small Glass Ramekins (about 3" across)
- 5(Dessert can be made a day ahead, covered with plastic wrap, and stored in refrigerator.).
- 6Preheat Oven to 300.
- 7Bake at 300 for 12 - 15 minutes in serving dish. Dessert should be firm around edges and wiggly in the center.
- 8Place Heart Stencil on top of dessert and sift powdered sugar.
- 9Serve Warm.
- 10This may be accompanied by ice cream, and/or coffee with a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Melting Cake
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.2
- Calories from Fat 633
- Total Fat 70.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.6 g
- Cholesterol 404.5 mg
- Sodium 120.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 43.7 g
- Protein 13.4 g