We discovered this dessert on Carnival Cruise lines, but the measurements were in odd sizes. We revised this to work with standard purchase sizes, AND changed from fresh eggs to pasteurized eggs, since the recipe does not fully cook the eggs in the center of the dessert. If you follow the directions exactly, this dessert is as easy as it is delciious. Note that it can be made ahead and held in the refrigerator until you are ready to finish and serve it, so it's perfect for entertaining.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave at 50% power (Defrost)
- Sift flour into pitcher, add sugar, add eggs, mix together.
- Fold in melted chocolate and butter mix
- Pour into small Glass Ramekins (about 3" across)
- (Dessert can be made a day ahead, covered with plastic wrap, and stored in refrigerator.).
- Preheat Oven to 300.
- Bake at 300 for 12 - 15 minutes in serving dish. Dessert should be firm around edges and wiggly in the center.
- Place Heart Stencil on top of dessert and sift powdered sugar.
- Serve Warm.
- This may be accompanied by ice cream, and/or coffee with a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream.
I don't usually eat dessert but had to have a taste and then proceeded to eat the whole serving! It is wonderful.