1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mayonnaise Sheet Cake
Making cake with mayonnaise is an old tried and true method, but many folks are surprised when they first learn about it. Never fear, it really does work! And deliciously so, I might add... :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour, unbleached, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa, baking
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (use a good quality mayo: Best Foods or Hellmann's)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water, cold
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the mayonnaise and sugar and beat at medium until blended.
- 4With mixer running, gradually add the cold water and vanilla.
- 5Add dry ingredients to mayonnaise mixture, beating until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- 6Pour batter into buttered 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 7Bake in 350 degree F oven 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 8Cool in cake in pan on rack.
- 9Meanwhile, begin your Fluffy Chocolate Frosting: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, half and half or light cream, and butter.
- 10Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; let boil 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- 11Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla.
- 12Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until the consistency is fluffy and is spreadable.
- 13When cake has cooled, frost it with the Fluffy Chocolate Frosting.
- 14Cut in squares and enjoy! :)
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mayonnaise Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.7
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 491.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g