Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a dense, fairly heavy cake. It freezes extremely well, and is low in sugar. It tastes sweet, like a bread but not nauseatingly sweet like some cakes.
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 cups Miracle Whip or 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- Mix sugar, cocoa in a bowl, sift in flour.
- Add water, soda, miracle whip and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured 9x13 inch pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.