Georgie SkunkWoolfe's Note:
This is a rich, chocolaty cake that is simple to make and stores well staying moist. This has long been my favorite recipe and while growing up I always requested it for a birthday cake. My Mother always led me to believe that it was a very complicated and complex cake to make whenever I asked for it, I suppose to make me think it was something special. It wasn't until i moved out and asked for the recipe that I learned how simple it really was. Clever lady my Mother. :) Makes 9 X 16 cake or 2 -9X9 cakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons dark cocoa
Blend to gether and add to above
- 1Blend the two sets of ingredients together whisking well until a smooth batter is created.
- 2Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 X 16 or 9 X 18 baking pan.
- 3slightly jiggle pan to smooth out batter and to help release any large air bubbles that may be trapped in the batter.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5NOTE:Low fat Mayonnaise or Salad dressing may be used in this recipe if you wish however it will change the texture of the cake but not the flavor.
- 6My Mother has made this recipe using low fat mayo and carob powder.
- 7I have not tried this version but she said it was good.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Serving Size: 1 (958 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2696.1
- Calories from Fat 746
- Total Fat 82.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 3484.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 461.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 216.0 g
- Protein 31.9 g