Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an old family recipe. You cannot taste the mayonnaise. It just provides extra moisture to the cake.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed.
- Spread batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 2 hours.
- Once cool, spread cake with frosting of your preference.
- Slice into 2-inch pieces and serve.