Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't recall where I got this recipe I think at Hellmann's website. It's a moist yummy chocolate cake great with peanut butter frosting. My family really loved this cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour 2 9-inch round cake pans, set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in hellmanns real mayonnaise at low speed until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, begining and ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire racks, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Frost,if desired, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Thanks for posting this recipe, Internet nut! This reminds me of an old family recipe from my Great Aunt Fedora that I seemed to have misplaced. Nothing like a chocolate mayonnaise cake for a birthday celebration. Very moist and tasty. Thanks again!
I just made this and it was soo good. Best chocolate cake I've had, easily rivals anything you can get in a restaurant or bakery. Easy to follow recipe. Batter looked very thin and had me worried but I forged ahead and it came out perfectly. Will not be buying chocolate cake mix again!
i didn't think it was all that good maybe cause my grandmother had light mayo instead of regular mayo. but it ain't ad, was moist, just really dense.