Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A yummy treat for Passover -- or any time!
- 4 -5 matzos
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts or 1 cup almonds or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a jellyroll pan or cookie sheet with foil.
- Place matzos on pan or cookie sheet in a single layer; break into smaller pieces to fit.
- In a small saucepan, bring the butter, sugar and brown sugar to a boil.
- Pour mixture evenly over the matzo, use a spoon to spread it and to keep mixture well-mixed.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 10 minutes, until matzo is lightly browned or the butter/sugar mixture is bubbling.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Work quickly, and spread the melting chips with a spoon. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Freeze or keep refrigerated for 2-3 hours, if possible, so it will set. Break up into 2-inch pieces to serve.