Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
big hit at my sisters this holiday, we made it at home the next day using other chips, and all were delicious
- 4 cups matzo farfel or 4 cups matzohs, crumbled
- 3 cups chocolate chips, melted (we used white chocolate, butterscotch, and semi sweet chips and made 3 batches out of this recipe)
- 2 cups walnuts or 2 cups almonds or 2 cups mixed nuts
- dried mixed fruit, diced (optional)
- coconut (optional)
- melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute, stir.
- in greased mixing bowl add nuts, matzoh and chocolate, stir to mix well (if you want to add dried fruit and coconut do it now).
- place wax paper onto baking sheets.
- drop by spoonfuls, refrigerate several hours.
Oh my!! - someone take these away from me before I eat them all. These are sooo good and very addictive. Easy to make (about 5 crumbled matzoh crackers made 4 cups) and watch out - these will be gone in a flash. I used chocolate, walnuts, and raisins in this batch and unsalted matzohs. Delicious!
I went looking for a recipe to use up some of my farfel, and this was perfect. I made two batches - one with chocolate chips, a few walnuts and a handful of dried sweetened cranberries, and one with just peanut butter chips. The PB batch was a bigger hit, with barely any left over even after the heavy sedar meal. I did find it was messy and challenging to drop the spoonfuls onto the wax paper, so I pressed about half of it onto wax paper, bar style, in a low sided pan. After chilling for a short period, it broke up easily into bite sized people. Next time I make this, I wouldn't bother with trying to drop them separately.
This was a big hit! I followed the recipe and made two batches. What I found helpful was to add a little water to the chocolate chips before microwaving; just enough to wet the chips, not a lot. This made the chocolate clusters easier to spoon out onto the cookie sheet. Also I did not have waxed paper so I laid the clusters onto aluminum foil and that was fine. If you're not comfortable adding water to the chocolate chips I dipped my spoon into water prior to spooning out clusters on to the cookie sheet and that helped.