2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
A friend brought this to a dinner party, and it was so wonderful I had to have the recipe. If I make it again, I might strain the orange marmalade first, as I feel it doesn't really fit the texture of the rest of the pie. If you use it as is, be prepared for a very creamy pie with a layer of small orange chunks in between the filling and the crust. For the chocolate cookie wafers, you could either use Nabisco Famous cookie wafers, or Oreos taken apart with the filling scraped out. All substitutions listed in the recipe were suggested by the original chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces or 10 ounces chocolate chips
- 3 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese or 3 (8 ounce) containers cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or 3 tablespoons orange juice or 3 tablespoons triple sec
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1For the crust, heat oven to 350 degrees F. You’ll need a 9 inch pie plate.
- 2Pulse cookies in food processor until fine crumbs; add butter and process until blended. Press mixture evenly into bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake 12 minutes; cool on wire rack. Spread marmalade over the cooled cookie crust.
- 3For the filling, microwave chocolate in glass bowl in short bursts, 15 seconds at a time, stirring until melted.
- 4Gently mix mascarpone, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl just until blended (do not stir too much or mixture will curdle). Fold in melted chocolate until no white streaks remain.
- 5If desired, put ½ cup chocolate mixture in a small zip top freezer bag and snip off a tiny corner; reserve for garnish. Spread remaining chocolate mixture in cookie crust. Chill at least 2 hours until firm. To garnish, squeeze zip top bag (like a pastry bag) to produce small chocolate peaks around perimeter.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mascarpone Pie
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 96.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: