1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Published in Bon Appetit, April 2004. A very smooth chocolate cheesecake. Make a day ahead so it can refrigerate overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups finely ground chocolate graham cracker crumbs (from about 36 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 3Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar in processor to blend. Add butter; process until moist clumbs form.
- 4Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch high sides.
- 5Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven but maintain oven temperature. Cool crust in pan on rack.
- 6Wrap outside of pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil. The foil will keep the water bath from leaking into the cheesecake.
- 8Stir chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water until melted and smooth. Cool to lukewarm.
- 9Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- 10Gradually add flour, beating until well blended.
- 11Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended.
- 12Mix in mascarpone cheese, then melted chocolate.
- 13Pour filling into crust. Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with enough water to come halfway up around exterior of springform pan.
- 14Bake cake until filling is just set in center but still moves slightly, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 15Remove cake from water bath; transfer to rack and cool completely, about 4 hours. Cover and chill overnight.
- 16Run knife around top edge of cheesecake to loosen. Release pan sides. Transfer cake to platter.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake - Bacco Restaurant, New Orleans
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.5
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham cracker crumbs