Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
These simple drop cookies are a fresh take on sugar cookies. Cocoa powder provides deep, rich flavours, while marzipan lends a deliciously chewy texture and subtle almond taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet iwth parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine both sugars and marzipan. Process until they resemble a fine sand, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add butter, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt and egg.
- Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth, scraping down the bowl, once during mixing, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix until incorporated, scraping down once during mixing, about 1 minute. The dough should be very stiff. Baking in batches, drop 1 tablespoons balls of dough on prepared sheet, leaving about 2-inches around all sides. bake on the oven's lower rack until cookies are flat and have a crackled surface, about 10 minutes.
- The cookies will be very soft. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. If desired, once cookies are cool, dust them with powdered sugar.
yeah really yummy way to use of marzipan. You can even make it without a food processor - I just chopped the marzipan small added everything else cept flour & cocoa and got it all going with the whisk! Altho the mixture was REALLY stiff so I added 5-6 tbsp water to mine. I got about 20-30 medium biscuits out of half the dough and froze the other half, Maybe make half quantities unless you have many or very hungry mouths to feed!
Yummy! I was looking for a recipe to use up some marzipan I had in the pantry... and didn't want something with fruit. This was great. I totally agree with the other review ... when hot, they are like Molten Cake. I even made a few big ones - and served them with icecream. I will definitely use this again!!!
So good! Very moist, almost like molten chocolate cake if you eat them right out of the oven!