Recipe by Feisty
This is another recipe that I make every year at Christmas time, and I'm always asked for the recipe. This is a Hershey's Kitchens recipe, but I'll post it the way I make it since it's a bit simpler.
Top Review by Calee
This is going to make a great addition to my holiday tray. I melted the chocolate over simmering water rather than the microwave. You have to move quickly to get this to shape nicely. I found measuring the marshmallows, nuts ahead of time worked best. I formed this amount into two logs, made a nice sized slice. Mine were something between round and square but it made no difference to me. Took 2 hours in the fridge. Ive made this twice now and the first time I used milk chocolate chips and do prefer the semi sweet better. Made for PAC fall 09.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl and microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring vigorously after each interval, just until the chocolate is completely melted. Be careful not to scorch the chocolate by microwaving it too long, or you will have to throw it out and start over (voice of experience speaking here).
- Stir in the nuts until well distributed, and then stir in the marshmallows.
- Lay out waxed paper sheets about 12" long, and spoon chocolate mixture down the long side about 2" from the edge. Roll wax paper over chocolate mixture and form a log, pinching the sheets together and pulling toward you a bit to eliminate air bubbles in your logs. Place logs on a cookie sheet, and refrigerate until solid.
- Remove logs from refrigerator, remove wax paper and place on a cutting board. Slice into 1/2" slices and store in an airtight container in a cool place, or refrigerate. (Note: Prep time does not include refrigeration time).