Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend some time ago, they are great, because they are kept in the freezer, I like this idea, cause it's always ready and in the freezer when you need it...if you are serving them at a party, coloured mini marshmallows are a nice look to these amazingly delicious rolls.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows or 3 cups marshmallows, cut in small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Melt chocolate with butter in the microwave.
- Add in icing sugar and egg; cool slightly.
- Mix in marshmallows into chocolate/butter mixture until they are coated with chocolate mixture.
- Tear 3 sheets of foil paper about 12x18 inches each.
- Sprinkle a 2-in band of coconut down the lengh of the foil.
- Spoon 1/3 of the marshmallow mixture over the coconut.
- Sprinkle the remaining coconut over marshmallow mixture.
- Wrap up in the foil to make a long roll, sealing well.
- Make 2 more rolls; wrap and freeze until firm.
- (will keep for 2 months in the freezer).
- When ready to use, remove from freezer, and slice frozen, 1/2-in thick.
- If desired, place sliced pieces in coloured cupcake papers to serve.
- Store in freezer.