Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
These cookies are so yummy and fun! The marshmallow stays soft and the rest is chewy, sweet, chocolate deliciousness. They can be made so many different ways too, use chocolate chip cookie dough instead or maybe even peanut butter! Spray kitchen shears lightly with cooking spray to make cutting marshmallows easy. Based on recipe I found at www.bettycrocker.com,so far it has 443 ratings!
Top Review by Cowgyrl Cook
Ohhh, these are yummy. My DH doesn't like nuts but he went gaga over these! The marshmallow stays soft and the cookie is chewy. I couldn't find the Betty Crocker double choc chunk so I used Pillsbury's exact version, Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies (it really isn't dark choc, it's semi-sweet) turned out great.
- Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine cookie mix, oil, water, egg and pecans until dough is soft.
- Drop dough by a rounded tablespoons or a little less ( these are best on the small side so you can get a taste of marshmallow with every bite!) on an ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart. Slightly flatten tops.
- Bake 7-9 minutes; take from oven and quickly press cut side of marshmallow half lightly on top of cookie.
- Bake 1-3 minutes longer or until marshmallow just begins to soften. You can flatten the marshmallow a little if you want.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, remove to cooling racks. Let cool completely about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan or double boiler, melt chocolate chips over low heat stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and add cream, butter and vanilla; blend well. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled cookies in a swirling motion covering marshmallow. Let frosting set and enjoy!