1/1 Photo of Chocolate Marshmallow Cake
This is a yummy cake to make for any occasion. It takes a tiny bit more effort than most cakes, but it is worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package mini marshmallows, divided
- 1For Cake: Over a double boiler or in microwave, melt chocolate and butter.
- 2Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 5Combine flour, salt, powder and soda and set aside.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, applesauce and vanilla and beat well.
- 7Stir in chocolate mixture.
- 8Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- 9Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 10Measure 1/2 cup marshmallows and set aside for drizzled glaze.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining marshmallows evenly over cake.
- 12Bake for 2 more minutes or until marshmallows start to soften.
- 13Drizzled Glaze: Combine milk, butter and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 14Boil for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- 15Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup marshmallows and chocolate chips until completely melted.
- 16Drizzle over cake quickly and fancily.
- 17Allow to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Marshmallow Cake
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 212.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g