Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A wonderful treat. My family loves these and they are great for a potluck or any occasion.
Top Review by nranger7
Very good. Simple to make. I was out of clean saucepans so I melted the topping ingredients in the mircowave. That worked great. Like one of the other reviewers, I didn't bother spreading the marshmallow. I used Rice Chex instead of Rice Krispies. Forgot to add the cereal before spreading the topping so I just crumbled it and spread it on top. Not pretty, but still tastes good! :)
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml cocoa
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 946.36 ml miniature marshmallows
- 314.66 ml chocolate chips
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 473.18 ml crisp rice cereal (I use Rice Krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in a greased 15x10-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over cake; bake 2-3 minutes longer.
- Using a knife, dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over cake; cool.
- For topping: combine chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal.
- Spread immediately over bars.
- Cut into squares and serve.