Made these this weekend! They are delicious! The mix of chocolate and marmalade... and the topping! Mmmm! And they are light (Cooking Light recipe). Can't ask for more!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, chopped (such as Skor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine 1/3 cup flour mixture and candy bar for topping; set aside.
- Stir baking powder and baking soda into remaining flour mixture in bowl; add yogurt, milk, rind, vanilla, and egg whites. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until blended.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Drop marmalade by teaspoonfuls onto batter; swirl together using the tip of a knife. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.