Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This comes from an old PTA cookbook I've had since my kids were in gradeschool. DD#2 loves cheesecake and this is the one she requests for her birthday cake. Drizzle a small amount of chocolate syrup on top when serving for an added taste treat.
- 1 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter and press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour, a tablespoon at a time, blending well.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks in a small bowl on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar and beat thoroughly.
- Add egg-sugar mixture to cheese mixture and blend on low speed just until combined.
- Reserve 2 cups of batter; pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- Thoroughly combine cocoa and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Blend into the 2 cups of reserved batter.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and spoon dollops of chocolate batter on top of vanilla batter in pan.
- Using a spatula or knife, swirl batter gently to produce marble effect.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
- Turn oven off and leave cake in oven 1 hour, without opening the oven door.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Cover and chill.