Recipe by Vicki in CT
This is a very creamy cheese cake. The marbled chocolate makes it beautiful as well. For dinner parties I make chocolate "leaves" to garnish with.
Top Review by *Pixie*
Creamy, dreamy and delicious best describes this cheesecake! I left the walnuts out of the crust and coated the outside with chocolate ganache. Lovely recipe, thanks for posting!
- 226.79 g chocolate wafers, cookies, crushed
- 118.29 ml walnuts, crushed
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 170.09 g semisweet chocolate, melted
- 680.38 g cream cheese
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs, walnuts and butter in bowl. Press on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of 9 inch springform pan. Chill in freezer while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate.
- In a separate bowl stir in 2 cups of mixture into melted chocolate.
- Pour batters by 1/2 cupfuls into crust which has been set on cookie sheet.
- Use spatula to swirl batter together. Do not overmix or there will be no contrast.
- Place springform pan on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-65 minutes or until just set in the middle. It will be quite creamy.
- Chill overnight.