Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you like cheesecake that's creamy, yummy as well as very easy to make you'll love this! You'll need a 9" spring form pan. Chef's Tip: The cake has to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving, so plan ahead.
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam, melted
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ricotta in a food processor and blend till creamy.
- Add the egg whites and blend until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Process until smooth.
- Transfer half of the filling to another bowl and stir in the cocoa and almond extract and blend until well combined.
- Add an additional 2 tablespoons sugar.
- PREPARE THE CRUST:.
- Place a few wafer cookies in processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Repeat with more cookies a few at a time.
- Spray a 9" spring form pan with no-stick spray on the bottom and up the sides. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the crumbs and melted jam until well combined.
- Using your fingers lightly press the crumbs and melted jam into the bottom and about 2" up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 of of each filling into the crust.
- Using a spatula gently swirl the two fillings to create a "marble" look.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes without unsnapping the hinge. Loosen the crust slightly from the sides of the pan.
- Then cool for another 30 minutes.
- Unsnap the sides of the pan and cool on the counter completely to the touch.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish top with additional fine chocolate wafer crumbs or dark chocolate shavings.