Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and delicious basic chocolate syrup sweetened with maple syrup.
Make and share this Chocolate Maple Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot or cold over ice cream.
- Store in sealed container in refrigerator.
- Make chocolate milk or hot chocolate adding 1 or 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup to a glass of cold or hot milk. Stir well and serve.
This is the simplest chocolate fudge sauce in existence, and the healthiest! I'll be making this again and again. It may be that it became fudgy rather than saucy because I reduced it to 1/4 recipe (kids are grown, hubby gets migraines from chocolate) and even 4 minutes was too long to boil, but YUM!!! Just what I wanted! ... Oh, yeah--add a touch of butter & vanilla when you remove from heat for best flavor and fudginess. :-)
Easy and delicious! I use the agave nectar instead of maple syrup and it tastes perfect. Make bobbiann's no bake cheesecake (I use a different crust and sub agave nectar) from her recipe) and drizzle this syrup on top (chilled) for a delicious low glycemic index treat. Thanks.
Easy to make. Had to add more maple syrup than called for but still a bit too cocoa flavored,not sure if that is my taste problem, but will work on this recipe. I am putting this in my keeper file! thank you!