Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the signs of living in the tropics - a collection of mango recipes! I suspect this one will be made very soon.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 60 g butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups mango puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Grease and line 2 sandwich tins.
- Sift sugar and flour into a bowl.
- Place butter,cocoa and puree into a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until just boiling.Cool.
- Whisk soda and eggs into buttermilk.
- Add to dry ingredients with puree mixture.
- Mix well and pour into tins.
- Bake at 180C for 30mins or cooked.
- Stand 5mins. In tins, turn out onto cake coolers to cool.
- When cold fill with whipped cream and mango slices.
- Dust top with icing sugar.
This recipe makes excellent cupcakes - very tender & moist. I put white whipped frosting on the cupcakes and they were a big hit with my family. I will make these again.
Another surprise! The mango is a nice back note to the chocolate and makes this a VERY moist cake. It rose quite nicely.