Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Smooth, fudgy, and creamy. My sister LOVES ice cream and wanted an ice cream maker desperately since she was a teenager. When she got married, she finally got the maker of her dreams, and has been cranking out this recipe non-stop ever since:)
Top Review by FOREVER YOUNG
Absolutley loved this ice cream. The ice cream itself reminded me of a wendy's frosty. I was so suprised to hear that my husband loved it, because he is a very picky eater. The only thing I will do different next time is to leave the malted balls whole. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate instant malted milk powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup malted milk balls, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs, sugar, and malted milk powder; gradually add the milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the mixture reaches 160* and coats the back of a metal spoon; remove pan from heat.
- Cool the custard quickly by placing the pan into a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla; press plastic wrap onto the surface of the custard.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir in the heavy cream and malted milk balls.
- Fill the cylinder of an ice-cream maker 2/3 full; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Keep remaining custard chilled until ready to be churned.
- Allow the churned ice cream to"ripen" in the cylinder in its freezer or your refrigerator's freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.