Recipe by Lan
I found this recipe several years ago in the Orange County Register's food section. If you like chocolate malts, you'll love this pie!
Top Review by Hey Jude
Ian, we did love this pie! I just had trouble with the milk ingredient....you listed '1 tablespoon milk, divided use' but then that tablespoon was used up in step #1. In step #3 it says 'blend (ingredients) and remaining milk in medium bowl'....what is the remaining milk? I ended up not putting in the milk in step #1, I didn't see the need for it. In step #3, I added 2 T. of milk to blend with the powder and topping. This seemed to work OK and the pie was fine. Just confusing directions. I'll jack up the star rating when the discrepancy is cleared up. Thanks for the recipe, it was fun, like a frozen chocolate malt with some crunch!
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup crushed malted milk balls (crush additional for topping)
- 2 tablespoons milk, divided use
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate-flavored instant malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir ice cream in chilled medium bowl to soften; blend in 1/2 cup crushed malted-milk balls and 1T milk.
- Spread this in bottom of pie crust and freeze.
- Blend malted powder, marshmallow topping and remaining milk in medium bowl.
- Add cream and whip until soft peaks.
- Spread this over frozen layer in crust.
- Freeze until firm.
- Sprinkle with additional crushed malted-milk balls before serving.