Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious pie. It has a chocolate cookie crust with a malt ball ice cream filling and a topping of marshmallow whipped cream.
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups crushed malted milk balls
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powdered milk or 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Place the chocolate cookie crumbs in a 8-9 inch pie pan. Add the butter and stir until combined.
- Press the mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pan using the back of a spoon to flatten the crumbs.
- FILLING: Allow the ice cream to soften slightly in the container.
- Place the ice cream in a large bowl and pour the crushed malted milk balls over the top.
- Using the back of a spoon, quickly press the malted milk balls into the ice cream, getting them as evenly distributed as possible before the ice cream begins to melt. (if the ice cream gets too soft, it will crystallize when it refreezes).
- Transfer the ice cream to the pie pan, smooth the top with the back of the spoon and freeze immediately.
- TOPPING: Place the heavy cream, marshmallow fluff, chocolate powdered milk or chocolate syrup in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. (when the beaters are lifted out of the cream they form peaks that folk over as the beaters pull away.).
- Spread the topping evenly over the pie and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.