Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love chocolate malt. This recipe is wonderful.
Make and share this Chocolate Malted Pie recipe from Food.com.
Chocolate Wafer Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups nabisco famous chocolate wafer crumbs (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Malt Filling
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate or 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup malt drink powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream, lightly sweetened
- Make Crust:.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350°F In a bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9” pie pan. Place crumb lined pan on a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes, until set.
- Make Pie filling:.
- In a medium-sized, heatproof bowl, whish egg yolks until blended and set aside. In a medium sauce pan, bring cream to a gentle boil over medium low heat. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate, stirring until chocolate is completely melted and mixed inches Whisk chocolate mixture in a thin stream into egg yolks. When chocolate is thoroughly incorporated, return mixture to saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir mixture constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened to a smooth, pudding-like consistency (about 5-10 minutes). Do not allow mixture to boil. Remove pudding mixture from heat and sift in malt powder, whisking until thoroughly dissolved. Stir in vanilla extract. Strain pudding mixture in to a clean, dry heat-proof bowl and allow cooling for 10 minutes. Whisk mixture to combine any skin that might have formed on top of the pudding during cooling. Fill pie shell and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to 1 day before serving.
- Garnish each slice of pie with a generous helping of lightly sweetened cream and a sprinkling of chocolate cookie crumbs.