Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups instant malted milk powder (Ovaltine)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the sugar, malted milk powder, flour, baking powder, salt and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5CHOCOLATE MALTED MILK CRUNCHIES COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs and 2 tbsp water.
- 7COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9In a large bowl, blend the butter, eggs and water.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- 11Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 12Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- 13Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Malted Milk Crunchies Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g