Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light--this was one of their recipe makeovers.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl add brown sugar, malted milk powder, butter, chocolate syrup, vanilla and egg. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy - aboutfor 2 minutes.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup and level; mix in a bowl with baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well mixed. Sir in the chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes; cool on pan until firm (2 minutes or so) then move to wire rack.