Recipe by mommyoffour
I first tried these little beauties years ago. They are wonderful if you like the taste of malted milk. These are simple and so good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup instant malted milk powder, divided
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, shortening, 3/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl at high speed .
- Add flour, 1/2 cup malted milk powder and cocoa; beat at low speed until well blended.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Shape slightly mounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining powdered sugar and malted milk powder in medium bowl.
- Remove cookies to wire racks; cool 5 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar mixture.