Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These wonderful, "malty" tasting cookie is an adaptation of one I found in a mini-BC holiday cookbook a few years ago. They're kid friendly and look pretty with the icing on top!
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup softened margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate flavored instant malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix brown sugar, margarine, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining cookie ingredients.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick on floured board.
- Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until cookie bounces back when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for frosting, adding milk as necessary to create desired texture, OR cook first 3 ingredients together until margarine is melted and stir in remaining ingredients. (it takes less time to omit the cooking of the frosting ingredients).
- Frost cookies.