Recipe by Steve P.
Delicious cheescake with chocolated malted flavor. Courtesey Southern Living.
Top Review by ginaperkins
I wouldn't describe myself as a baker, but this was a very easy cheesecake to make - and it tasted very rich and chocolaty! I was told it tasted like something from a gourmet bakery. It was great for my Mom's b-day, she's a chocolate fan and loved it! Worth the effort!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (1/3 less fat is fine)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate malt powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crust ingredients; pat firmly in bottom and about 1/2-inch up the side of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan; chill.
- Combine chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Stir occasionally until melted.
- Let cool.
- To make filling, beat cheese until fluffy; add eggs and malted milk powder and blend well.
- Blend in melted chocolate mixture and the vanilla.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 65 minutes or until filling shakes only slightly near center when moved.
- Cool; chill thoroughly.
- Garnish with chocolate curls or drizzle with melted chocolate or almond bark, if desired.