Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Delicious cheescake with chocolated malted flavor. Courtesey Southern Living.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (1/3 less fat is fine)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate malt powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine crust ingredients; pat firmly in bottom and about 1/2-inch up the side of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan; chill.
- Combine chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Stir occasionally until melted.
- Let cool.
- To make filling, beat cheese until fluffy; add eggs and malted milk powder and blend well.
- Blend in melted chocolate mixture and the vanilla.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 65 minutes or until filling shakes only slightly near center when moved.
- Cool; chill thoroughly.
- Garnish with chocolate curls or drizzle with melted chocolate or almond bark, if desired.
I wouldn't describe myself as a baker, but this was a very easy cheesecake to make - and it tasted very rich and chocolaty! I was told it tasted like something from a gourmet bakery. It was great for my Mom's b-day, she's a chocolate fan and loved it! Worth the effort!
I made this for Easter. Very, very rich and a huge hit at my friend's house where we went for dinner. It's not a real dense cheesecake although I did beat the cheese well plus added the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. This created a very creamy cheesecake instead of the heavy dry kind. A couple of notes. The crumbs don't press very well because they are real most however by the time you add the filling and bake it the crust works fine. Second thing is I just put the chocolate chips and the condensed milk together in a bowl in the microwave for 1 minute then stirred. Chips melted just fine. It also took 75 minutes in my oven to bake to the proper consistency. I used a pan of water in the oven to help prevent cracking.