Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Some leftover bread, an open can of chocolate syrup and a package of malted milk balls inspired this yummy recipe. Adding almonds gave the pudding a pleasing crunch.
- 1 cup day-old bread cubes
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- whipped cream (optional)
- Place the bread cubes in two 8-oz. ramekins coated with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with malted milk balls, chocolate chips and almonds. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the milk, cream cheese, egg and malted milk powder; cover and process until smooth. Pour over bread cube mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Dollop with whipped cream if desired.