Recipe by Pepperskull
This chocolatey malt torte is an absolutely fabulous treat in the winter or summer days. It's great served with ice cream or whipped cream!
- 150 g milk chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 75 g toasted skinless hazelnuts
- 60 ml ovaltine
- 150 g digestive biscuits
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 45 g glace cherries
- 75 g pistachios
- 100 ml whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate and butter, then set aside to cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except the grated chocolate and cream) with the melted chocolate.
- Whip the cream, then fold it into the mixture then pour it into a 24cm round cake tin lined with cling film.
- Place in the fridge until firm enough to cut (about 4-5 hours). Dust lightly with a little cocoa powder (optional). Slice into thin slices and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.